Follow on Twitter

Review - Weeknight with Giada

 
Weeknight with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner
BY: Giada De Laurentis
PUBLISHED BY: Clarkson Potter
PUBLISHED IN: 2012
ISBN: 978-0307451026
Pages: 240


    The star of Food Network's Everyday Italian, Giada's Weekend Getaways, and Giada in Paradise is back with a new cookbook. Recipe categories include soups, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, pastas, poultry, fish, meat, vegetables, sides, desserts, and a new addiction called breakfast for dinner. A few recipes include gazpacho; cannelloni bean minestrone, smoked mozzarella pizza, and balsamic-glazed chicken. There is a section titled Change of Pace, aka revamped dinners, which includes such recipes as Asian Chicken (my favorite), sweet and spicy Greek meatballs, and Tilapia fish tacos (not my favorite).

   
    I have mixed feelings for Giada’s new cookbook as most of the basic sections contains similar recipes from her other books. I did enjoy some of the recipes from the Breakfast for Dinner section, which gave a few new twists on traditional breakfast recipes. The Change of Pace section left Giada’s normal Italian meals behind as she give us a variety of different culture meals from South America, Mexican, Thai, Asian Greek, etc. The problem that I have with Giada and other food network stars is that some of the ingredients are not available for most Americans that don’t live near a big city. I wish she had expanded the sides and vegetable section as I thought they were just generic. Fans of Giada will probably love this cookbook, but newcomers might want to avoid it.

*I would like to thank NetGalley and Clarkson Potter for sending me a copy to review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...